Monday, October 6, 2008

Basketball anyone?

Recently I joined a basketball club near where I work in Roosendaal. The club is ELBC. Etten-Luer Baskteball Club. This time of year always comes around and I get eager to play ball again. I also was looking for something extra to stay active, and be involved with since I have the time. I searched for a team near by and this is the one that I ended up joining. Basketball is definitely not a big sport here in the Netherlands. I had to buy some new bball shoes and they are not easy to find here! You can't just go into your regular sport shop and find more than one pair of bball shoes... it's like a whole wall of soccer cleets and have the store of soccer jerseys, then a wall with "other" (mostly style shoes) one pair of basketball shoes, of course very ugly and not cool at all. But luckily I went to a bigger store at Zuidplein (our local mall) and found a good deal on some And One shoes. Not my best pair, but they are good enough, and they are not super ugly. We just had our first game the weekend before last and let me tell you... I think I was in need of an extra lung or two. It has sure been quite some time since I played ball. It was fun though and we won by like 20+ points. Concetta took some pics for me.
Just waiting for the game to start.
Richard and Kilian waiting for the game to start as well.

I may be out of shape, but I am still fast as lightening!
Free throw time!
Hooray for teamwork!


That's all folks!

1 comment:

Radfords said...

Yeah the books were all so dang good. The bday was awesome! He was quite spoiled. Give us a call when you get a second. It's about mom's christmas present option.